USDA ARS 2nd International Biosafety and
"Agricultural Research and Response
for Field and Lab"
February 4-7, 2013
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Pre-Symposium Courses: (4 hours each)
Monday February 4, 2013
- Plant Pathology 101: Introduction of Principles of Plant Pathology
- Plant Research in Greenhouses and Other Specialized Containment Facilities
- APHIS Regulatory Oversight: Plant Pests, Diseases, and Imported Soil
- APHIS Permitting
- Integrated Pest Management & Biological Control
- Agrodefense and Beyond: Laboratory Response Networks
- Bioterrorism Awareness for the Animal Health Community
- GMO - International Perspective on Biological Safety in Agriculture
- Biocontainment Techniques Beyond the Biosafety Cabinet
- Food Defense from Farm to Fork
The symposium will consist of sessions covering a variety of topics addressing national and international issues including GMOs, and agroterrorism. There will be roundtable discussions on the culture of responsibility and security, LAIs and breach in containment, and an interactive session where attendees will chose the topics of discussion. Keynote speakers will open the program on Tuesday and Wednesday.
In addition to the valuable courses and sessions, you will have the opportunity to network with professionals from the biosafety and scientific research industries, organizations, and agencies.
Register soon for this dynamic program at http://arssymposium.absa.